In the US, a trillion dollars has been spent since the Presidency of Richard Nixon on the war on drugs.
Drugs should be spent on health, not on prisons:
$30 000 spent in the USA to keep an inmate a prison a year compared to under $12 000 for a public school student. "It's terrifying" says Richard Branson. Watch video and learn about the shining example in Portugal.
FIND OUT MORE: How to stop Drug addiction Before It Starts: The advice of therapists
1) Find healthy ways to cope with stress
2) Seek therapy or counselling
3) Maintain a lifelstyle that make you happy
4) Have things in your life you deeply care about
5) Be aware of your family's historywith substance abuse